Legacy Fiduciary Services, PLC
Serving clients in Fredericksburg, Richmond, Virginia Beach, and Williamsburg
Are you struggling with whom to name as an executor or trustee? In some instances, you might lack a capable family member. Or, perhaps you are reluctant to place the burden of administration on your family or friends.
If you are looking for a professional trustee or executor, our law firm – under the name of Legacy Fiduciary Services, PLC (LFS) – can serve at your request.
Some of the advantages of appointing LFS are:
- Preserving Professional Relationships. Unlike most other corporate trustees (e.g., banks and trust companies), LFS does not provide investment or tax reporting services. Instead we seek to partner with a family’s existing professional advisors (e.g., financial advisor and CPA).
- Reasonable Cost. Although additional fees will be charged by the trust’s financial advisor and accountant, usually these combined fees are considerably less than fees charged by banks and trust companies.
- Longevity. Individual trustees are subject to incapacity and death. As a law firm, LFS can manage a trust for decades with continuity of the trusteeship.
- Objectivity. LFS will be objective and independent when dealing with beneficiary requests and less influenced by family dynamics.
- Experience. The attorneys at LFS are experienced fiduciaries who are dedicated to ensuring that the terms of a trust are faithfully executed. Our focus is to ensure that the needs of beneficiaries are being met in accordance with the terms of the trust.
- Personal Service. LFS is a law firm where a specific attorney will establish a long-term relationship with trust beneficiaries.
Contact us to learn more information about Legacy Fiduciary Services, PLC and how it can fit into your estate plan.