Attorney Lisa A. Allen
Location: Richmond, VA
Phone Number: 804 285-7900 Ext 121
Lisa Allen focuses her practice on estate planning, special needs planning, and elder law. She comes to Carrell Blanton Ferris from her previous position as Client Services Attorney at CancerLINC, a Richmond non-profit organization that assists cancer patients and their families. While there, Lisa helped many families with estate planning and administration, and in navigating public and private benefits. Her experiences as a caregiver to family members in hospice made her particularly sensitive to the needs of families facing a difficult medical diagnosis.
Lisa had a successful career as a chemistry teacher before attending law school. Her proudest professional achievement is being named 2015 Teacher of the Year for Stonington, Connecticut.
In her free time, Lisa is an active member of Midlothian Friends Meeting, and she is an experienced potter and knitter. She lives in Richmond with a very opinionated Welsh terrier named Tina.
- Legal Aid Justice Center, Summer Intern, 2017
- CancerLINC, Client Services Attorney, 2019-2020
- University of Rhode Island, B.S., 1984, and M.A. 1995
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D, cum laude, 2018
- Public Interest Law Review, Notes and Comments Editor
- Pro Bono Certificate, awarded for providing over 120 hours of service
Speaking and Publications
- Oncology Nurse Navigators’ Conference, September 2019
- Financial toxicity: Addressing Cancer Patients’ Legal Needs
- Higher Education Labor Conference, April 2019
- Adjunct Faculty: Finding Equitable Solutions
- Virginia Legal Aid Annual Conference , October 2017
- Co-Presenter: Getting Repairs and Extermination Services for Tenant
- Comment, Proposed Amendment to Virginia’s Landlord Tenant Act Regarding Liability for Bedbug Extermination, 21 Richmond Pub. Interest L. Rev. 59 (November 2017).
- Co-editor, Labor & Employment Relations Association newsletter, 2016 -2018
- J.D. Writer in Residence, 2016