Attorney Jeremy L. Pryor
Jeremy L. Pryor is a Principal attorney at the law firm Carrell Blanton Ferris & Associates, PLC, located in Richmond, Virginia. He serves as the chair of the elder law section of the firm. His areas of practice include elder law, estate planning and incapacity-related litigation.
As an empathetic and fierce advocate for his clients’ rights, Mr. Pryor concentrates on securing Medicaid coverage for nursing home care needs and safeguarding assets from the costs of long-term care. In addition, he helps clients become guardians and conservators through court proceedings.
Mr. Pryor received his undergraduate degree, cum laude, from James Madison University. He went on to pursue his legal studies at Regent University’s School of Law and obtained his Juris Doctor cum laude in 2007. While in law school, he served as the Executive Editor of the Law Review.
Actively affiliated with the legal community, Mr. Pryor has memberships in the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, the Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, and ElderCounsel.
Additionally, Mr. Pryor graduated from the Richmond Christian Leadership Institute and was a board member of the Virginia Guardianship Association. He has a 10/10 Avvo score and has been named to the Virginia SuperLawyer’s Rising Stars List (a distinction limited to 2.5% of Virginia attorneys) from 2013 through 2020 and named to Virginia SuperLawyer’s list in 2021 in the area of elder law.
Mr. Pryor often presents on elder law-related topics to local community associations and edits The Senex, the firm’s bimonthly journal for senior professionals in the field.
More importantly, as someone who grew up with a grandparent in the home, Jeremy personally understands the issues that families face as their loved ones age. He believes that the legal interests of our elders require special attention and he considers it a privilege to be their advocate.
- Hirschler Fleischer, Associate, 2007-2009
- Regent University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2007
- (Executive Editor of Law Review)
- James Madison University, B.A., cum laude, 2004
Recognition and Service
- Former Board Member, Virginia Guardianship Association
- Graduate, Richmond Christian Leadership Institute
- Selected for Virginia Super Lawyers’ Rising Star list 2013-2020
- Selected for Virginia Super Lawyers’ list 2021
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (VAELA)